Type Z e-Rated® I0Filters are highly effective, three-phase, four-wire, passive electromagnetic filters with ultra-low zero-sequence impedances. These filters have been specifically designed to provide a parallel path for all zero-sequence harmonic currents that are generated by phase-to-neutral connected nonlinear electronic loads. Power quality benefits are optimized when filters are installed as close as possible to these electronic loads.
Type Z filters are normally installed at all sub-panels that supply single-phase nonlinear electronic loads via a three-phase circuit breaker. Whether specified at the design stage for new construction or applied in an existing sub-system, these filters are normally sized for potential zero-sequence harmonic current levels. This application philosophy eliminates the need to increase filter capacity as zero-sequence loading increases over time.
- Case Studies
- PQI Case Study – US Capitol Building
- PQI Case Study – Bank of America One Independence Center
- PQI Case Study – Hewlett Packard Data Center
- PQI Case Study – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – The Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building
- PQI Case Study – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – The Koch Cancer Research Building
- PQI Case Study – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – The Preclinical Building
- PQI Case Study – Virginia Healthcare Network – Power System Optimization for Numerous Healthcare Facilities