Type GY harmonic mitigating Distribution TransFilters™ exceed all existing and pending energy efficiency requirements under nonlinear loading.
Type GY transformers’ ultra-low Excitation (no-load) Losses provide high efficiency during periods of light-loading (<15% FL). This benefit is achieved by using higher quality, grain oriented silicon core steel in the Unicore™ cores of lower kVA ratings and in the full and step-lap miter-cut cores, with reduced laminations per group, in higher kVA ratings.
Unlike Excitation Losses, which are constant from no-load to full-load, Impedance (load) Losses increase rapidly above 15% FL; particularly when the transformer’s loads are nonlinear. To maintain energy efficiency, Type GY Distribution TransFilters, with ultra-low zero-sequence impedance flux cancellation windings, maintain published efficiencies at 35% FL. Type GY transformers’ published efficiencies can be matched to anticipated or measured average loading above 35% FL, when required.
- Case Studies
- PQI Case Study – US Capitol Building
- PQI Case Study – Bank of America One Independence Center
- PQI Case Study – Hewlett Packard Data Center
- PQI Case Study – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – The Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building
- PQI Case Study – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – The Koch Cancer Research Building
- PQI Case Study – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – The Preclinical Building
- PQI Case Study – Virginia Healthcare Network – Power System Optimization for Numerous Healthcare Facilities