Windings are manufactured with aluminum or copper, (strip or shaped conductors in parallel where necessary) arranged on layers or discs with special consideration given to minimize eddy current losses. The insulating materials used during production are always UL listed systems. To suit various applications and environmental conditions PQI Dry Type Air Core Reactors are manufactured using our multiple VPI and Epoxy Impregnation system. For harsh conditions PQI offers Reactors that are solidly cast in epoxy in special molds filled under vacuum.
Reactors can be supplied either as single-phase coils individually supported on insulators or as three phase coils stacked vertically.
A variety of custom enclosure designs are available to shield and protect the reactors magnetically and environmentally.
- Case Studies
- PQI Case Study – US Capitol Building
- PQI Case Study – Bank of America One Independence Center
- PQI Case Study – Hewlett Packard Data Center
- PQI Case Study – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – The Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building
- PQI Case Study – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – The Koch Cancer Research Building
- PQI Case Study – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – The Preclinical Building
- PQI Case Study – Virginia Healthcare Network – Power System Optimization for Numerous Healthcare Facilities